2016 was a wonderful year for the hospital. Take a look at some numbers from the year.
*Numbers reflect total patients treated during our fiscal year, October 2015 – September 2016.
Additional Milestones from 2016
- We celebrated the hospital’s 95th birthday in October. We’re proud to have treated 269,019 patients since 1921.
- On October 19, we broke ground on our second facility in Frisco, with plans of opening in Fall of 2018. The five-story, 345,000-square-foot structure will be strategically located to fulfill a growing need for patient care in the rapidly expanding North Texas area. The campus will offer clinics and day surgeries for children with orthopedic issues and will be anchored by our Center for Excellence in Sports Medicine.
- We started seeing patients in our Fracture Clinic in Plano. This clinic is unique because patients do not need a doctor referral to be seen.
- We launched our electronic medical records system in the fall. Have you set up your MySRH account?
- Our signature event, Treasure Street, raised more than $1.1 million for the patients at Scottish Rite Hospital.
- For the second consecutive year, the National Research Corporation (NRC) recognized the hospital’s dedication to excellent patient care with two Path to Excellence Awards. The hospital was also one of two institutions to receive recognition for Most Improved Facilities – Children’s Hospitals, based on improvement over last year’s award-winning inpatient performance scores.
- Our research and clinical team were busy in 2016 with: 141 active research projects, 172 medical abstracts presented, 89 medical articles published and 119 appearances as guest medical speakers.
Thanks for supporting the hospital this year, we look forward to 2017!