Philip L. Wilson, M.D.
Philip L. Wilson, M.D. is a staff orthopaedic surgeon at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children Sports Medicine Center in Plano. For more information or to make an appointment, please visit our Sports Medicine Center section on our website.
• The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Associate Professor
• Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
• Children’s Medical Center Dallas
Education and Training:
• ADIDAS Sports Medicine Clinics, Auckland, New Zealand, Arthroscopy/Sports Medicine Fellowship
• Children’s Hospital of San Diego, Pediatric Orthopaedics Fellowship
• The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
• The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, General Surgery Internship
• The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, M.D.
• Baylor University, University Scholars Program, B.A., magna cum laude
Honors and Awards:
• American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Award, 2014
Ellis HB, Wilson, PL (2014). A Surgical Technique for Medial Patellofemoral
Ligament Reconstruction in the Skeletally Immature.
• American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2004, recertified 2014
• American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow, 2004 - present
• Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America, 2005 - present
• Arthroscopy Association of North America, 2013 - present
• American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, 2013 - present
• Pediatric Research in Sports Medicine Society, 2014 - present
• Texas Orthopaedic Association, 2003 - present
• Texas Medical Association
• Dallas County Medical Society
Sports Medicine Coverage:
• Prosper High School, Team Physician, 2014 – present
Pediatric arthroscopy and sports injuries of the knee, shoulder, elbow, and ankle
• Tachdjian’s Pediatric Orthopaedics, Fourth and Fifth Editions, contributing author
View a list of recent publications